Founded Navy Boat Under The Water In 2020

Since I was five years old I've always wanted to float an anchor that weighed more than 5,000 pounds. See how it's starting to lift that up? I think the best advice to remember is don't get under it. We don't want to get underneath that.  


like if that comes off that whole metal piece can drop For those of you who've not met Scott, Scott goes by. THE TACOMA BOTTLE KING Is that how you say it? I'm Scott.  I'm the Tacoma bottle king! It's somewhere between that base and the high tenor right about the mid-range. Give it to me.




The Tacoma Bottle King He's using the side-scan sonar today and he has identified a big barge that has a chain and a great big anchor attached to it. Holy Crap.. that right there, look at that. That is a beautiful anchor. Look at that thing. Oh that nice on there The anchor itself Scott, is how big? When I was down there arm to arm it's a six-foot-tall anchor. It's about 4,350 pounds is what we're estimating. The purpose of this is that there's a lot of garbage on this barge I mean.


This is a giant rusting piece of steel that... ostensibly was abandoned by some barge company upriver. It drifted down to this area and was basically anchored here and if all the facts are all correct here I believe nobody wanted to claim responsibility for it.


So this is abandoned property It's rusting in the river It's really doing nothing to benefit the environment out here so we're gonna go down and we're gonna start with the anchor and maybe we'll get the chain And then I think our goal is also to come back here in future episodes and maybe try to get some of the garbage.


Today's episode sponsor is OTS Today I'm going to be recording directly into a voice recorder Let's see if this whole vlogging style works out Fingers Crossed Well on that, we've got the anchor in We've got Archer over there who is also anchored up We've got Mark getting in the water SCOTT Why do I keep saying, Mark? I don't know. 


That's because I like Mark better [ laughing ] I'm gonna finish getting my gear on. We're heading in the water so here we go! Okay... we should have some audio on us. Right now we're at 10 feet.


heading on down We're down at 32' is where we're at right now When we were up on shore we took a reading as to which direction we need to go oh I see a flashlight oh there he is and he can't find it so... he's a little confused on where it's at I'm gonna go this direction and see if I can find it this way Oh.


I found a chain Look Look Look there it is Whohooooo!! except I forgot to bring my marking bag. Look at that. Check that out.


I found it! That thing is heavy too If I try to grab it and move it [ GRUNTING ] You can't even move it Look here he is He doesn't even know I'm here Look, I can sneak up on him and I can be like AHHH Oh wow... Look how big that Probably undoes that one too Well we can try them both And this is just one end of the anchor That thing is like huge I see some markings on here Look, if I try to reach from one side look, left arm right arm I can't even touch the other side of this.


Oh Oh. look at this. Left-arm oh right arm oh I can touch Oh look at that I LOVE IT Oh Look, there's a fin right there I got a fin whoop whoop Did you come up right on the anchor? yup, It's right here.


Okay Yup I'd bring the big pipe Yeah Two of the biggest wrenches and a pair of pliers I'll just take it Alright Let's go see if we can get this sucker out We're gonna go on the downstream side so we don't kick up any silt Were looking for a pair of pliers first Where's the pliers at? Alright... Let's go with this then We're gonna go woot woot woot Okay.


Now we go that one out we'll put that in there Okay, so that one didn't work It's pinned on there too much Come on. just go ahead and come right on out Come on. Come on. That's not coming out. Do you know that Scott is a comedian? 


I don't mean just a comedian underwater now but... No for realsies Like he's a  Real comedian Awe Yeah. We got it.ALRIGHT Let's get the wrenches again Uh.. Is it spinning off? There you go now it just needs to come out He's looking for the punch is what he's looking for here Yup Yup.


There it is Yeah. Looks like it already moved a couple of inches Whooooooo There it is Alright... All Good Alright, let's gather up all of our tools Alright. Let's go up and get some lift bags We're onto the next task That's pretty exciting that it turned so easy Yeah As soon as it turned and slipped I went.. Nooooooooo That was awesome. 


I want the tank attached to the bag. Let's attach it to This little guy right here. So we'll come around On this side of it When I fasten this I'll just come nice and low That way we get more lift with it And come through again Come through and fasten on ourselves again right there I didn't lose the tank That's good news So let's find the hose.


Another important thing Is to always make sure that you have enough air to breathe. So we're down to 700 pounds of air I have this new valve on here We kinda wanted to see Is when I turn it on Yeah, it shows my pressure there Kinda.


We come around and look at this. It's already floating. I mean it's not floating, floating, but it stood the anchor up that was fast ooh,,


Yeah And it was fast-moving the anchor Ohhhh... I Love it With one lift bag I was able to stand that whole anchor up Scott Your up The Mission Bring us an anchor It's getting close Is it floating? Oh no, it's not floating.


Post a Comment

0 Comments