Van Found Under The Water

Hey, do you wanna see us get a minivan out of the river today? I'd say today's a good day for you to be here watching this video. The setup that we have for you guys today is well, I thought that we were almost out of cars here in the Willamette River until Jason here... - Well, I was trying out some gear, testing my gear out and found one and then, another and then, another. - And by another another another, he's talking about, we have a van, you said, a Chrysler as well as possible four by four, is a four by four off-road?


Yes. - So, we're gonna go put you guys on those today, let you see what they look like and we're gonna pull one of them today. Stay tuned 'cause we're getting in the water right now. All right, check check, I got audio. So, let's go follow Jason and see if we can find our target today. All right, so we already lost Jason. Oh, we can track somebody as we just find their bubbles. Oh, we got something here, oh, that's just a big log. Oh, look at that! We found a car. 


(mumbles) Is that the van? Chrysler. It's upside down, okay. So, what do we have here? Chrysler right there. It's beautiful. Oh, and the door is open. Ooh, let's look inside. Can we look inside? Steering wheel. Bear with us Nate. I lost my marker. One question that comes up often is, "Are you guys getting paid for this?" No, we're completely volunteers, so, there are no taxpayers' dollars helping us for what it is we're out here doing. 


Another thing we get asked is, why aren't the police or another agency doing anything about it? Jason, what is the only reason they said to actually give them a call? - Dead bodies, did you find any dead bodies? And I said, Nope, I didn't. - [Jared] Let's check this one and then, go that direction. (water gurgles) Oh, we found the van. There it is. 2013 set of plates. Oh, my goodness, is the back of it open? That's Right, it's a Chevy van. Nothing in the back seat. Nobody in the middle seat. Nobody in the front seat. 


But it's got some silt in there. That's not too much, I think we can still float it. Alright, let's do it. We're gonna, look how much silt in here. Okay. We're doing the van today, 100%. Let's do it. This is actually, I haven't told you, I mean, it's an eleven-twelve passenger van, Tatum. - [Tatum] Oh. - It's the largest pull that we're ever going to have that we've done to date. - [Tatum] Well, the Expedition. - No, this van is bigger. - Oh, really?- Yeah. 


It's not bigger than the boat. - Well, yeah, I mean, as far as vehicles go. (laughs) It's the largest vehicle that we've ever lifted is what we have here. I can't record all of my underwater today, Nate. Do you know why? - Why? - Tatum left my batteries in the boat from yesterday with Scott. So, I'm monitoring battery usage today. Gonna grab whatever footage I can for you guys. Let me take two chains and a rope. What we're gonna do is I'm gonna, you're gonna take this one, I'm gonna take this one with a tank attached to it. We're gonna drop down the line, both chains are hooked to the rear tow bar. 


Hook this bag to the one carabiner, I'm gonna hook my bag to the other carabiner. I'm then going to inflate both bags fully, we're gonna stand it up on its nose, then, we'll come back, we'll watch it go up, verify everything is good and then, for safety measure, I'm gonna switch tanks before we come back in with the other two lift bags. On three, two, one. All right, I'll see you down there. My biggest concern today is the current situation here. The tide is actually going out. Once we get this floating, we're gonna end up jamming it into that cove. We need a game plan once it's floating. Okay, Jason, sounds good then. All right. Clip that on, good on. Good current. Here we go. Let's inflate the bag. Beautiful, the air's going in that one. For safety as I'm mentioned before. Keep your face away from that, just in case it pops. Oh, look at that, it's floating really fast. That's one bag.


Okay, turn that off. Look at that, starting to lift up. That's beautiful, I love it. Yeah, yeah! All right, let's switch bags there, Jason. Tighten up the hose. Excellent, thank you. Oh, gonna make sure that this valve is closed. Alright, there we go. Put some air in there. Oh, liftoff. Looking good. - [Jared] That was close, Nate. - [Nate] Close to what? - [Jared] Close to flipping. 


[Nate] Oh, yeah? - What we had was, I had the one bag on the front of the van and it was starting to flip it over so it's on its wheels and then, something just whoop whoop! And now, it's upside down still. The good news is, we have a tow truck that can flip it, we just need to get it from here to there, which means we need to keep it in deep water in order to drag it. - It's too close to the shore, so, we're gonna pull it that way and out, and we'll come back around and pull it that way. - Under those bags, those floats, is a van. 


Okay. - And we need to pull it off the beach a little bit and up that way so that we can get it on a tow truck in an hour or so. So, if you could just pull nice and gentle, it should move nice and easy. - In which direction? - Sort of towards those red buoys and then, turn back this way. - You want the van to like, go around the river? - It's on the beach now, so, we need to pull it off the 


Post a Comment

0 Comments